X2

Ascii art is a very interesting type of art, and in my opinion it’s very cool. This is the type of “computer art” I first saw when I was younger. I didn’t know that it had a name to it but Ascii art was very popular during my childhood. I always wanted to learn how to do it but it is more complex than you would think. Ascii art is one of those things that take a lot more time to do then one would think. Also, some people wouldn’t consider Ascii to be a art, but for me I do consider it as art but that’s just my opinion.

While looking through the pictures of this art you can tell how the bigger pictures take a lot more time. The bigger pictures take a lot of time because I bet that there’s a lot of planning to do before hand. You don’t just start typing random numbers, letters, and symbols. You have to know which symbols work the best and the placement of them. I feel like there would be a lot of guessing and checking with this art, which is a lot easier than doing other art. With other types of art you don’t get to easily change a certain part of a picture, but with Ascii art you can.

When I was younger I probably wouldn’t have considered Ascii a form of art. I probably thought that it was just a bunch of symbols put together to make a picture. Now I realize that the picture that is created is the art. This type of art is a very good example with how art has advanced in our world. Ascii art is only able to be created while using technology. Ascii art could’ve been one of the first types of art using symbols with technology. Now we have advanced even more, for example we can use coding to make art too, which is the use of letters and numbers and other symbols.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Xerox

Video Deconstruction

Performance Art with Marcus