Music

Latin World: Daddy Yankee
Girl Power: Avril Lavigne
Nineties:  Destiny’s Child, Spice Girls, Backstreet boys, NSYNC
Electronic: Martin Garrix
Punk: Paramore  

Daddy Yankee - Gasolina
  • When I think of any Spanish music my mind always goes towards the songs Gasolina or Danza Kudoro, which are my favorites. One of my favorite Spanish artist’s is Daddy Yankee. Most people know Daddy Yankee from the song Despacito, ft. Justin Bieber. The technology used in this video were the cars that were racing each other in the video.
Avril Lavigne - Sk8er Boi
  • Going through the list of girl power in class and not seeing Avril Lavigne on there was a huge shock to me, but I also realized that she was more of an icon for me as a girl growing up. She influenced a lot of younger girls with her music and style. The technology that is used in this video is during her “concert”. In the video she stops in the middle of the street with all of her friends/her band. They put speakers on top of buildings and they use the technology from their cars to plug in their instruments also. Using these things they create a whole concert.
NSYNC - Bye Bye Bye
  • When I think of nineties music I usually think of girl and boy bands. Some of the top girl bands in the nineties are destiny’s child and the spice girls. The top boy bands in the nineties are the Backstreet boys and NSYNC. I chose to do NSYNC because the song (Bye Bye Bye) I chose had the most technology in the music video. The technology that was used was a green screen while recording the video. There is a scene where they are running on a train (which is also technology) and I can tell it’s not real, so they obviously had to use technology to create that scene. Another scene that they used technology was when they had to use different cameras to get the creative angles in the music video.

Martin Garrix - Animals
  • I chose to pick this song because this was one of the first electronic type songs that I actually enjoyed. I remember listening to this song almost everyday for a while in the beginning of my freshman year during high school. Listening back to it now I still enjoy it, but it surprises me that I actually liked this type of music. There’s not many words at all but it has a really cool beat to it which is why I liked it so much. The technology used in this video was during the “rave” that they were having. There was a bunch of lights and smoke/fog everywhere, but besides that the overall music video was kind of all over the place.

Paramore - Still into you

  • Another thing I listened to a lot growing up was pop punk because that’s what my brother liked to listen too. Big pop punk bands are, green day, fall out boy, panic at the disco, and paramore. When I was younger my favorite was Green Day, but now I like Fall out boy better. I decided to do the music video on Paramore’s song Still into you. I decided to do this video because it had the most technology in it than the other videos. There are a lot of special effects and lights in the video. They also used a lot of fire shooters and a lot of other props in their video.
    • Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OblL026SvD4

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Xerox

Video Deconstruction

Performance Art with Marcus